•Rodrik Stark-eldest child(23)
•♀___ Stark-2rd child (20)
•Myranda Stark-3rd child (17)
•♀___ Stark- 4th child (17)
•♂___ Stark-5th child (16)
•Marlon Stark-6th child (8) Un-playable
•Lord Renquist Bolton-father (deceased)
•Lady Lynessa Bolton nee Locke-mother (deceased)
•Lady ____ Bolton- younger brother
•Lord_____ Bolton- younger brother
✖ History & Psyche
Amalica was born the eldest child, and only daughter of Lord and Lady Bolton of the Dreadfort. She was born during an extremely cold winter and very nearly didn't survive her own birth. She had a severe cough as a babe that has since followed her through life and caused her extreme illness where rigorous travel and cold temperatures are available. Despite her sickness, Amalica took the reins on her schooling, taking pains to learn the politics of a household and learn what was expected of everyone. She saw this as being her only strength in a marriage. Since she was not a very active girl in most senses, she was a book learner and was often seen in her chambers with a few volumes laying about. She was never extremely close with her brothers, despite them being in a somewhat close age group with her. She was very observant of their schooling as opposed to hers and would occasionally watch them as they learned their martial practices.
As Amalica grew, she found she was rather tall, surpassing her mother and even her youngest brother. She stood at her father's height when she finally flowered. Her figure was not obese in any way, rather willowy and tall, her skin fair and pale. Her most striking feature being the Bolton eyes of pale colour. During her fourteenth year she was invited to sit in during the political meetings where her father met with some vassals and servingmen. Amalica found it intriguing how much of the common folk came to appease her father. One day, after a long morning of complaints, her father drew her over and gave her the best advice that she ever heard, "Make every decision as if the King himself were to receive it. No question is too small or droll. Everything counts." Amalica took that to heart in everything she did from then on, heavily weighing her decisions and learning to think on her feet. She grew to be one of the craftier children of the three, learning to push the blame on one of her other siblings if she was caught with anything. It was during this time that she grew to have an immense fear of horses. One day in the stables, a horse reared up and knocked a stable boy unconscious, killing him on the spot, right in front of her. Terrified, Amalica ran into the castle and swore to avoid the beasts as much as possible.
Shortly after that she was sent forth to be warded at White Harbor, under the protection of Lord Manderly. Amalica took a liking to the new change of scenery and even learned a few new things as far as rules and womanly studies. She grew to admire Lord Manderly's son, Aethlwulf, and eventually shared a few quiet dinners with the older man. On her fifteenth year, she received word from her father that she was to be wed when she turned seventeen. Amalica was hoping for a match against a Reachman or even within the Westerlands, craving a warmer climate. She was saddened to hear that it would be to a Stark, her only solace being that she would gain the title of 'Queen.' Amalica passed the information unto Aethl and he explained that it was her duty, no matter how remiss she was to leave. That night, temptation reached its highest fruition and Amalica fell into Aethelwulf's bed with wild abandon.
For the next two years, while still being his ward, Amalica found either herself in his bed, or him in hers. She had managed to sidestep suspicion from his father and mother, as well as catch with child as she had moon tea made regularly. She knew it was not love that they shared, but an understanding and an unbridled lust. Upon her serventeeth year, Amalica left White Harbor and was off to meet her husband, King Stark. It was a hard first two years of marriage. They were cold and distant to each other, only finding each others company upon the brow of duty and dinner. Amalica felt a failure due to two miscarriages and one stilborn that she blamed her past transgressions of moon tea for. She never said a word, instead turning to prayers and hope. She was granted remorse in the form of Rodrik Stark, her first born son when she was age nineteen. He was a healthy babe and full of life and vigor. Unfortunately, Amalica's lung disease flared up unnaturally so, fighting against most of what the maester threw at her. For four months she was bedridden before she was able to walk about again and see her son fully. Motherhood graced Amalica well as she found herself endlessly attached to her child and wanting to know his constant whereabouts. It was a strange feeling, but Amalica welcomed it.
Shortly after, Amalica found it hard to stop having children. She gave birth to four more after that in a reasonable succession. Her husband and her grew closer as the years waned, enjoying their company, though oftentimes Amalica found herself still visiting Aethelwulf, well into his Lordship at White Harbor. Despite being married and having children of his own, they seemed to make it work and Amalica found herself valuing the talks she had with him. With her husband being gone so often to do his martial duty, Amalica found herself pregnant after one visit with Aethelwulf and realized that it was his child. Covering up her mistake as best as she could, Amalica gave birth to Marlon under the guise of being a Stark. She has kept his parentage secret from all but herself and refuses to tell anyone.
Since then, Amalica has been extremely careful, taking moon tea and knowing her time for birthing children is over. Now she finds her time running the household and scouting out future engagements for her children. She is a good mother and a strong leader beside her husband. None can say different of Amalica Stark.
- Commanding: Amalica has a very commanding tone that generally makes people listen to the woman in charge. She has even been noted to stop armed men in their tracks at just a single word. Her voice is not shrill, but rather bold and allows no room for mistakes. This is perhaps the leading factor as to why most people assume she's cold. She is not a reckless leader however, instead choosing a political vice that leads to her handle of 'The Nonpartisan.' She's fair and just and does not play favorites, even among her children. She has an honourable streak when it comes to politics, something that is seen as a good side-by-side to her husbands martial arm.
- Political Mind: Ever since she could read, Amalica has had a strong grasp on the politics of the North. She knows the rules better than most Lords and is not afraid to dispense a sound justice. She is well versed in the heraldry and words of her vassal Houses as well as familial lines also. Even now she finds herself browsing records of various names and Houses, just to keep abreast of the Northern situation. While she has no part in military tactics and sayings, she can offer advice in the form of feeding the troops and mounts as well. She knows what parts of the North can grow what and what sort of goods others need. She is a valuable asset to have when talks of land, families and troops are of topic.
- Cooperative: Despite being a strong and admirable woman to people, Amalica is always willing to work to a resolve. While her word is final, it is brought to that decision by discussion. She is willing to work with whomever she needs to, to find a solution. She never holds off from a problem, instead eager to find a solution. So, while her initial presentation is cold and determined, further words will lend her opponent to see that she is more than willing to make something work. This makes her an adequate foe in the game of words as most people will assume their word is law and only theirs. This allows Amalica to be seen as almost gracious to her people.
- Lung Disease: Amalica has a serious lung disease that leaves her prone to coughing spasms as well as not allowing her to catch her breath easily. These are generally kept at bay with a tonic made of hot water, lemon, raw honey and just a touch of Milk of the Poppy, ocassionaly simply mulled wine will also do the trick. She can feel the attack coming well before, generally getting a wheezing cough and rough voice. At it's most fatal, the sickness can leave her bedridden for months at a time, unable to eat solid food and constantly tired. Heavy winters and hard riding are the general red flags that keep this sickness coming. This is a well known sickness of hers throughout the North.
- Horse Riding: Amalica is awful at riding horses. She fears the animals more than anything, so she never learned how to control them. She limits her time to riding to as little as possible. Where this fear came from, no one knows, only that she avoids riding horses at all if she can, instead choosing a litter or carriage if she must. She also avoids the stables as if they were death, fearing that the horses may break loose and chase her. Due to her fear, that is why she hasn't been taught the proper way to handle one, pulling her rank if it is insisted that she learns. She will resort to litters if she can or even carriages.
- Infidelity: Amalica lost her maidenhead far before she was wed and continued onto an affair well into her married years. Though this is a well kept secret by her and her lover, Aethelwulf Manderly, there is no denying that it is bound to come forth from the wood work soon. With Aethel's waning age, his memory may not hold and Amalica will be soon to follow. Her youngest child, Marlon, was born of this tryst as well. He has, since birth, been guised as a Stark though his real parentage could be a severe shot to the Stark name in humility and pride, as well as the Manderly name.